Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you. 1 Peter 5:7 NLT
What we do:
Shadow Mountain Cares exists to provide food relief to people in Crisis, including:
- Single Parent households
- Senior Adults sheltered in place (home bound)
- Unemployed/Furloughed and financially burdened individuals and families
- Individuals or Families whose health is directly affected by recent events
Who we are:
Kevin Gowing and his family come to us with 20 years experience serving as the National Director of Distribution for a restaurant chain that shuttered during the health crisis of 2020. Kevin knows first hand what it's like to find yourself in crisis, and how even a little help goes a long way, reminding us of God's love, provision, and faithful promises. It's his joy to bless others in need.
For questions about SM Cares, Contact Kevin
Our team of amazing volunteers meets weekly to pack and distribute food and necessities, and pray for those in need. We are compelled by God's love to be his hands and feet in a hurting world.
What we believe in:
- Service … we share God’s love by serving our COMMUNITY and our CHURCH.
- Generosity … we believe it is more blessed to GIVE than to receive.
- Relationships … we intentionally cultivate RELATIONSHIPS around shared goals.
- Scripture … we believe God’s Word has the POWER to TRANSFORM lives.
- Excellence … we desire to HONOR God and INSPIRE people.