IntroductionIntroduction Matthew 24:37
Matthew 24:38-39, Luke 17:28-30
Hebrews 11:7, 2 Peter 3:3-6
Genesis 6:5, 11-12, Jeremiah 17:9, Romans 3:10-12
Matthew 24:39, Matthew 25:37, 40-41, John 14:3, Matthew 24:36-42, Acts 4:12
1. From your perspective, how is your generation different from the current one?
How is it similar?
2. When you think about the era in which you grew up, what were some of the
values, aspirations, and goals that felt normal to you and everyone else?
1. Read Matthew 24:38-39. Describe some similarities between this biblical time
period and ours. In what way does the word “cavalier” describe both?
2. Read Hebrews 11:7. When have you felt compelled to obey God “by faith?”
Describe a time when you experienced “godly fear.” What did you do?
3. Read 2 Timothy 3:1 and 2 Peter 3:3-6. How has violence increased in your
lifetime? How are evil options readily available in historically unprecedented
4. Read Matthew 25:37, 40-41. Describe a scenario when you have been “caught
off guard.” How did it feel to not be prepared for what happened to you?
5. Read John 10:7 and Acts 4:12. What experience or person prompted you to
believe in Jesus Christ as the only option for your eternal security?
Applying the Message
1. As you reflect on your own spiritual journey, how prepared are you to face either
1) your death, or 2) the imminent return of Jesus Christ?